Either you’ve come here by design or by accident. Either way, welcome to the worlds of Sherrilyn Kenyon and Kinley MacGregor.
The basic rules here are very simple. Be nice. No flaming, no dissing. This is a sanctuary where author and fans can come and not have to worry about being rudely greeted. We want everyone to have a good time and to make friends, so please check anger and sarcasm at the door. Don’t snark on posts or people. Likewise this is not the place for political, religious or such discussions that will raise the blood pressure of other members. If you feel compelled to write such things as “this post will probably be pulled”, “I’m sure people will have issue with this” “no offense” or “I’m sure I’ll be admonished for this” into a post, then most likely you shouldn’t be posting it and we ask that you refrain from it.
There will be no attacking of ANY author’s books. That includes Sherrilyn Kenyon. If the MB Team sees an attack on any person, author or book, it will be immediately pulled. Again, we strive for a peaceful and harmonious world here. Sherrilyn doesn’t like negativity of any sort and neither does our team. If you see an attack, we miss, notify the moderators/admin immediately so that we can handle it. Do not email other users to tell them the rules. That’s our job and it’s why we’re here.
Remember this is a PG-13 site. Anyone can happen to venture into our domain and we get a lot of visitors. So please bear this in mind as you post and create post and banners. Keep them safe for younger eyes. We also maintain this rating so that members who are at work or in countries known for censorship will be allowed to visit here and post.
Other things to note: The staff and volunteers of Mighty Barnacle, LLC (referred to hereafter as MB Team) will do their very best to keep this community a place where all members feel safe and comfortable. As in all communities, real and/or virtual, guidelines are necessary to ensure a harmonious environment for all who participate. All participants are required to abide by the following and agree to abide by the following when they participate in this site.
To help maintain said environment, the MB team reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate and delete any account, deny any participant access to this site, and/or not post any materials submitted that it deems questionable. Any account, material or posts that violate any current guideline or those guidelines posted to the site rules in the future will be removed.
The following guidelines are for any and all who visit and participate in any way on this site, including, without limitation, those who create and maintain their own personal profiles, create pages, participate in readers’ groups, discussions, create art or text, invite friends, post comments, send messages, or upload or embed photos or videos, or participate in any manner on this site not mentioned above.
2. By submitting any content to this site, you are guaranteeing that you are the creator of said content and that said content is not in violation of any known trademark or copyright. Furthermore, by submitting content you automatically grant MB Team and Sherrilyn Kenyon the perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or in part) in any and all media, known and unknown, and to license others to do so.
3. By creating a username, you grant MB Team and Sherrilyn Kenyon the right to include said username in any of the above or to use your username for promotional purposes.
4. Sherrilyn Kenyon does NOT moderate this site as we would rather have her writing her books than responding to emails, questions and posts. Therefore, MB Team cannot guarantee that she’ll be able to respond to any post, however your messages and questions will be read and forwarded on to her. Time permitting, she will respond, but there is no guarantee of a response from her. We hope you understand.
5. Neither MB Team nor Sherrilyn Kenyon can accept or read any unsolicited story ideas or manuscripts. If you send any idea or manuscript through this Site, it will be deleted and will not be forwarded.
6. You agree to choose an acceptable/appropriate username (no obscene words or phrases), provide accurate information (i.e., full, true name, date of birth, and current valid e-mail address), and that you will promptly update this information if it should change. You acknowledge that you will not impersonate any other person or character, including any other member of this community. You are personally guaranteeing that any and all material and information that you submit shall be true.
7. Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, sexually explicit, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, racial and/or ethnic slurs; hateful content; or otherwise objectionable material, including profanity and/or redacted profanity (symbols, such as * and #, used in place of letters), as MB Team determines in our sole discretion, is prohibited and will be removed.
8. Active participation is vital to the community’s success, but please remember that you are communicating without the benefit of body language and voice inflection. Words can sometimes be misread and misinterpreted. Therefore it is imperative that participants converse in a courteous, respectful manner. Please reread each post carefully before it’s made. If you have to start a post with the words “No offense” chances are you know it’s going to be offensive to the person you’re responding to. Please rethink the way your response is phrased.
Differing opinions and viewpoints are welcomed and are normal and foster lively debate which we encourage, but please keep your comments relevant to the subject being discussed and not about the person who offers a differing opinion than your own.
9. Any form of personal attacks, harassing, offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful, harmful or flaming or bashing comments (especially those aimed at sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender, race, color, religious views, national origin or disability) and threats, whether aimed at participants, the author or any other being are not allowed. They will be removed. More so, you can and will be held legally liable for whatever you post.
10. You acknowledge that Sherrilyn Kenyon and MB Team does not control and does not edit the specific content of messages posted by participants. Any opinions and/or recommendations expressed by participants of this site are those of the person expressing such views and not those of Sherrilyn Kenyon or MB Team. Neither Sherrilyn Kenyon nor MB Team will be responsible for and do not assume any liability for the comments and opinions expressed by any participant. You agree to hold both Sherrilyn Kenyon and MB Team and their respective affiliates, employees, and those who administer this Site free of responsibility for any potentially damaging content posted by you and/or other participants.
11. You are vital to us. Therefore your safety and privacy (as well as those of others) are extremely important to us. While posting personal information may seem like a friendly gesture, do you really want to disclose your phone number publicly or make it available to a stranger? Please, keep your own and anyone else’s personal information private. This includes street addresses, phone numbers, passwords, Social Security numbers, the name of children, schools, et cetera or any other uniquely identifying information. Any such information seen by MB Team can and will be deleted.
12. Do not post or incorporate any copyrighted or trademarked material, including material from any author’s published books or manuscripts, unless you have the express written consent of the copyright or trademark owner to do so. This includes text, graphics, graphic files, pictures and advertisements from other web sites, etc., whether uploaded or embedded in your communications. By posting said material, you warrant that you have rights to do so and agree to hold Sherrilyn Kenyon and MB Team harmless of any wrongdoing or liability.
13. Spam is strictly prohibited. This Site is not the place to find or seek customers or clients. Solicitations and/or advertisements will be deleted.
14. Please be respectful of all members. Please do not copy another participant’s material and/or post it in another part of this Site or anywhere else without their express permission.
15. Content on this site is for information and entertainment purposes only and is in no way intended to be a substitute for professional (e.g., medical) consultation or advice.
16. Those who monitor and administer this Site will do their best to moderate material posted to the site, but please bear in mind that the MB Team may not be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Should you find any objectionable material, it is best not to comment about it on the Site. Instead, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the report link listed.
Also, please report any misuse or misconduct by email to email@example.com or click on the report link. As soon as possible, MB Team will review the situation and determine what action, if any, needs to be taken. Occasionally, we may need to communicate with you personally concerning your participation or related matters. Those communications are not intended to be made public, and you agree not to post those communications on the site or anywhere else.
17. We reserve the right to modify these Guidelines in whole or in part from time to time and we will notify you by posting revised Guidelines to the Site. Your continued participation on the Site after the revision will constitute your acceptance of the revised Guidelines. You are responsible for reviewing the Guidelines for updates and changes.